- The plane was carrying 181 passengers, all of whom died in the crash.
- The plane was carrying 6 crewmembers, all of whom died in the crash.
- The plane killed 11 people on the ground, all of whom died in the crash.
- The Airbus A320 skid off the end of the rain-soaked runway cleared the airport fence and slammed into a TAM building.
- A video shows the plane touching down then speeding up.
- One of the Airbus 320's two thrust reversers was deactivated.
- Flying with only one thrust reverser is allowed and considered "safe", but reduces braking power.